Sunrise and Shine Childcare Centre is a Ministry of Education of the Province of Ontario licensed childcare centre
- As such our capacity is determined by the Ministry
- Our maximum capacity is 49 children at any one time
The term pedagogy refers to the process of understanding and supporting learning.
Pedagogical approaches that support quality programs are those that: build positive and responsive relationships; focus on children’s social, emotional, physical, creative, and cognitive development in a holistic way; provide environments in which children learn through exploration, play, and inquiry; encourage self-reflection, discussion, and ongoing collaboration and learning among educators; engage with families, and value their strengths, contributions, and unique perspectives; and use pedagogical documentation to study, interpret, make visible, and help inform children’s learning and development.
For more information on How Does Learning Happen?
We are licensed for:
- 10 infants ranging from 0-18 months of age.
- 15 toddlers ranging from 19-30 months of age.
- 24 preschoolers ranging from 31-60 months of age.
At SunRise & Shine Childcare Centre we offer quality childcare between the hours of 5:00am and 12:00am.
- This is offered 7 days a week.
- Weekend booking are based on meeting a minimum number of children in each program.
The Childcare Management System allows:
- Parents/guardians to keep track of who and when their child was dropped off and picked up.
- Keep track of your current balance owed.
- Allow you to pay the amount owed.
- View any annoucements
- Upload any documents
- View the current menu.
The Ipad Kiosk
- iPads are wall mounted at every classroom entrance.Parents/guardians are required to input their authentic pin code upon arrival and departure.
- Once validated, the system will take a photo of the parent/guardian who is picking up/dropping off, which will serve as your signature and act as a security measure to your family.
- Parents/guardians can verify online the actual pick up and drop off time along with the photo taken with their computer, tablet or smart phone.
- See the article in the Standard Freeholder describing our innovative high tech approach to record keeping which allows us to work closely with our clients
Smart Phone Cake 2Go Apps
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ionicframework.cake2go112554
- Apple iphone:https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/cake-2go/id605784890?mt=8
Web Based Cake 2Go: Login to Web Portal
These methods are available for payment. They are listed in order of Preference.
- Pre Authorized Withdrawal (known as PAD)
- E-Transfer (electronic transfer)
- Credit Card
- Pre-Authorized Payment is ideally suited to parents whose children has a regular predictable schedule.
- The client payment is withdrawn automatically from their bank account on the 1’st and/or 15’th of each month.
- The client defines how much and when the funds are withdrawn.
- Payment can be stopped or modified at any time by the parent.
- The rules for PAD are government defined and strickly regulated.
- NO ADDITIONAL FEES CHARGED TO THE PARENT FOR USE OF PAD!
- E-Transfer allows the client to send the equivalent of cash electronically.
- Once the daycare accepts the payment, the funds are immediately removed from your account and transferred to the daycare bank account.
- Imagine getting air miles with your payment of your daycare fees (assuming your provider gives you air miles)!
- Credit card payments are setup via our Kiosk provider i.e.Cake software.
- Payments will appear on your monthly statements automatically.
- THERE IS A BANK CREDIT CARD PROCESSING FEE OF 3% OF THE AMOUNT THAT IS PASSED ON THE CLIENT.
- Personel Cheque are accepted for the full amount of daycare fees.
- Cheques are deposited every Friday for processing at the bank.
- Any cheques with insufficient funds will be returned to the client.
- The client will pay all bank/administrative fees associated with insufficient funds.
- The least preferred method of payment is cash.
- We strongly suggest that you consult our staff to make altenate arragements.
- Full time is defined as 5 days per week.
- Part time is defined as less than 5 days a week.
- When you schedule your child to be at the daycare for 5 days a week, the daily rate is based on the Full Time Fee Schedule for the Program your child is enrolled in.
- If your child is present for 4 days a week or less, the daily rate is based on the Part Time Fee Schedule for the Program your child is enrolled in.
- Any payments received after the due date will be subject to a late fee of $5.00/day.
- If monthly payments are more than 5 days late (i.e. not paid by the end of the month), SunRise & Shine will issue a suspension of care until all past due fees, including late fees, are paid in full.
- Early drop off fee (Before 7am) $5.00/hour.
- Care outside of the standard day (9 hrs+drop off/pick up – $5/hour)
- Staffing fee after 8PM $16/hour.
- Weekend care is only provided if minimum ratios are meet as described in parent handbook.
- Tuition is due by the 15th of every month.
- A $5.00 late charge will be added each day thereafter; suspension of care will be put into effect if fees are not paid by end of month.
- We do accept children for 1/2 day depending on availability.
- There is no half day rate. Full day rates apply.